I really AM looking forward to looking back on these days. Since I don't sleep nights, am dragging this lake for the corpses of all my past mistakes, and I'm kinda feeling all look at this morose motherfucker right here for some reason. Which bothers me, because I prefer when my free floating anxiety has an anchor.
It troubles me that:
- I remember when the unnecessary character, Cassie, on the new season of Dexter played Haley James on One Tree Hill. And that I still find her single Halo (I was listening to it on repeat about an hour ago) to be the new mad notes. And that I once bonded with a girl over a mutual affection for the show. Which I wasn't faking.
- I would have never remembered that the 10th and the 14th of this month were dates of unpleasantries (sadly, my memory also serves me FAR too fucking well) if they hadn't popped up on my obsolete iPhone 3. Which I prefer to the 4. I fucking hate the 4. And my service provider. And the fact that they have the colossal fucking nerve to try to charge me extra for paper billing (I'm from the school that burned down before they put up the old school, sue me) yet fail to see the hypocrisy in constantly inundating me with paper junk mail.
- I programmed those dates into the calendar of my obsolete iPhone 3. I know the enemy and he is me.
- Everything I say, type or think is either a quote or a fucking cliche. Right down to when I say hi.
- I only watch TV shows or movies (see above) based on the attractiveness of the female leads. Well, okay, that one's just common sense.
- I revisited the one good thing I'd THOUGHT I'd done in my life this evening and...yeah, not so much. Good Times!
After Target blamed its poor quarter on Canada, I put on my thinking cap: if I were to randomly picket locations of Target Canada (it's really not the same, even if I've only been once), would that lead to a more attractive entry point for me to buy the stock?
It never fails to amuse me (I'm really a very simple creature) when folks of a Christian bent (oh so carefully chosen turn of phrase, BTW) happen across your humble narrator here in the ether. One of the extra benefits of the carefully selected username Christian on several sites. It's a name, not a lifestyle choice, people.
And, since I'm in a mood (I may have to soon take another run at the lovely concoction of the good folks at Eli Lilly, Cymbalta - added bonus side effect of difficulty achieving orgasm for hours), a quick summary of religion, regardless of your particular affiliation or, again, bent: It's every man for himself and god (or whoever) against all. And god (or whoever) is likely sitting this one out. Probably watching Big Brother or the like.
A picture of me with an ex in Montana popped up on my screensaver today (again, own worst enemy - everyone else likes me) and I thought 2 things: a) damn I looked good and 2) who took the picture, I know we were alone in the woods and, surprisingly enough, both made it out.
It probably makes me a bad person that the only really vivid memories I have of the many yet not nearly enough exes is of them blowing me. Which probably should also trouble me but really doesn't. I am, however, trying to remember other things about them. Like the one that told me I could come anywhere but in her mouth. That's always a happy one
It's good to see Michael J. Fox is coming back to TV. Been a fan ever since he was the venerable Alex P. Keaton. I am, of course, saddened by the fact the show likely won't be long term. Because I'll probably enjoy it.
I don't drink anymore, so this is all I have left. Too bad, too, as I still have a lot of alcohol in the house. Well, let's see if the sleeping pills will work tonight. Tomorrow's another day and the markets are open. There's money to be made.