Is not, despite what Billy Corgan might have one believe, the greatest day I've ever known. In actual and factual, it's been damn near one setback after another. On the glass is half full tip, however, I DID manage to acquire me a shiny new pair of quality brand name footwear; which I can don, should I ever be foolish enough to venture out of Stately Deranged Manor again (not fucking likely, by the by). Actually, the entire week's been, well, weak.
- 40 below (Celsius, with the windchill factored in) weather all week until yesterday when it was a balmy -20; today, we're up to -3 but with a wicked nasty wind
- volleyball with K's aplenty was cancelled before it ever began, to the dismay of myself and the poor woman (I've met her BF before, as we all played on the same beach volleyball squad this past summer; he's good people) who drove halfway across the city (my jaunt was a mere 5 minutes, although I had to get up an hour earlier than I'd have preferred) to discover this somewhat unpleasant revelation
- I finally heard back from the woman what asked me the 5 most interesting things about me; perfectly willing to play along, so that's kinda Cool, we'll see what transpires
- a woman I met online whom I can fuck right now, but have very little interest in, asked me out to lunch for tomorrow; I'm declining because (in the immortal words of my good LJBF, Krista,) lunch is just too much of a commitment for me; well, that and the fact I'd miss out on some badly needed Sleepytime during the course of said endeavour...not to mention the fact that I see ZERO reason to spend money trying to impress ANY woman and she asked me, I'm supposed to set the tone
- yesterday's One Tree Hill was everything it promised to be, can't wait for next week's installment
- I was awoken at 3 a.m. by a fierce bout of old school-style coughing and hacking which no amount of NyQuil could combat: Good Times
- whilst scanning dating site profiles, I was finally able to use the 'I see you like______, _______, and _______. Me, too. We should be friends' approach on someone. She actually claimed to like STUFF and DISCUSSING TOPICS. Gold. Gold, I say. I was quite proud of the approach e-mail I crafted; sadly, on the It's a Small World After All front, she replied only to ask about one of the other guys (we're all suited-up for a wedding) in a picture on my profile, apparently she knows him (at least by name)...now, this might constitute social proof, other than the fact that my boy Howie is all honest and will likely bring up my It Was a Drunken Vegas Thing-type wedding and I'll have to find me a new free dating site to troll (I've already written off this chick: add it all up and it spells DUH!); this would be all sorts of bad, all flavours, even
- I actually hopped in my shiny new automobile and drove to one of them mall things today, in the fucking daylight (daylight bad, girl pretty), even; never again...I desperately needed more outing appropriate footwear (yes, I fully intended to actually make this poor woman buy me lunch tomorrow; what? she asked, and of course, I put out; be it the first or the last date) and had no end of grief (including getting, to paraphrase Joe Strummer and the lads, Lost in the Mall) finding said size 14-type kicks
- being in traffic with you cocksuckers during full daylight is even worser (yeah, fucking sue me!) than I'd remembered; I couldn't even find me a parking spot at my local Safeway this afternoon (which is why I usually walk there), and naturally had to dodge all the unable to drive-type folks (I'm still learning, what's YOUR excuse? fucking idiots!) just to Escape said parking lot
- I still have some deep inner game issues going on, but hopefully an extra volleyball game tonight will cure that; or perhaps driving the freeway during Rush Hour will only compound it...que sera sera
- upon reviewing my 2006 New Year's Resolutions (yes, there'll be a post sometime next month), I realized that I still haven't begun The Iliad, soon to be rectified, as I withdrew it from the bookplace today; when did the bookplace start getting such hot snatch on the hoof-type employees, anyway? sadly, I was too out of state from the fucking mall to do anything about it
- I still have to post the tale of the epiphany triggering event that lead me on my current pursuit of the knowledge of all things game, soon; now, at least I know where I'm going, one crisis at a time
- I also still have to figure out how to get to the location of next Thursday's complicated tooth extraction...maybe I'll just open up my trusty toolbox, remove mine pliers and DIY; save myself some stress and 2/3 hundred bucks
Oh yeah, Song of the Day: Smashing Pumpkins- Zero. That there is what I like to laughingly refer to as a surprising plot twist. Expect more of them in the future.
Well, I'm off to battle the teeming masses. Peace.