Nope, haven't heard back from the ex-wife yet. To be fair, though, it's taken me over 8 months to get around to replying to HER last e-mail.
I don't know how to play quarters. And I've come to the painful realization that I don't have anyone whom it would occur to me to drunkdial. Sigh. But hopes remain high.
Yet again, it is raining on my day off, but I simply refuse to acknowledge it; he who has the most Vivid reality wins. Anyway, it's a nifty day to just sit and chill and do some homework, as I have a mere 9 days until my newly acquired theories and skills will be put to the test with womenfolks what actually know me (poor bastards). Then, I will decide what works and what doesn't before attempting to cold approach.
Today was a fine case in point of why I SO need me a wingwoman (any takers? y'all have the address): there was a 4-set of fine young college girls sitting at a table in the food court of my local mall, just fucking BEGGING to be opened. But alas, no pivot for me. Don't get me wrong, I totally AM different now than that lovable eccentric what was always taking shots at himself all the livelong day; but, even though I'm confident, I'm also aware that attempting to open a 4-set (and, the 5th that showed up during the 15 minutes I spent purchasing groceries) solo is still just a smidge like skiing the Olympic slopes your first day. Or some other similar simile and/or metaphor. Note to self: work on similes and metaphors. Tell better stories. Read romance novels. The womenfolks love the playful, witty banter. And the big words, too.
Song of the Day: Steve Perry- Oh Sherrie. Yet another of the many many MANY songs I USED to have on my computer before it fell down and went boom. I do believe it may even be the theme for the forthcoming week of study and cramming and such before next week's midterm.
On the happy news tip: I managed to score me a 2nd row floor seat (yeah, I'm gonna drop $75 on a 2nd seat to try and impress some chick what will then conclude me a doormat; dating is for women you're already banging, and why would I ever bring sand to the beach? see, I really DID learn something from the night I took a woman to see the Go Go's on the Beach at Mandalay Bay and ended up marrying her a few hours later) for the forthcoming Goo Goo Dolls show by waiting for all avaialable tickets to go up for sale. Sometimes (okay, maybe just this once) Patience really does pay off.
1) Cheyenne Kimball (nope, haven't watched her reality show. nope, not going to. haven't heard any of her songs, either. but I know that it was a REALLY good idea not to go and see her recent mall appearance at the fountain of commerce nearest the shithole wherefore I work. avoiding such situations is what keeps me out of jail, after all.)
2) Komodia (a goddess of happiness and amusement. I may just be building me a shrine later.)
3) Kellemarie (Penthouse Pet of the Month, May 2001, turned porn star of the timeless every guy's fantasy flick Busty Cops 2. nice tat, too. good location, also.)
4) Lana Kinnear (36-24-34 blue-eyed blonde goddess who was in Austin Powers 2; has been on episodes of Baywatch and The Man Show; and has been featured in videos by Kid Rock, The Offspring, and Hole. check her out at Absolute Lana.com.)
5) Ksenia Kahnovich (5'11'' 32-23.5-35 Siberian IMG Model. you know, you hear how bleak Siberia is and then you come across someone like this and, before you realize it...you're booking a flight. or mayhap that's just me.)
Well, I'm off to work on The Cube and how to interpret it. Enjoy your Thursday, y'all. Naturally, since I filled up my shiny new automobile with fuel on Tuesday, gasoline prices have dropped significantly. Rejoice. Take advantage. Go forth and multiply. Whatever. And ever. Amen.