So I reckon it was about the time I found myself doing a severely fucked up variation of The Robot to Horse With No Name that I realized I just might be a tinge off. Might, mind you. Y'all know how I feel about committing to anything these days.
Just as a for instance: other than my daily little tin of applesauce, I don't eat fruit. I laugh in the face of scurvy, rickets, and all that sort of thing. Fucking bring it. I'm here.
One month nearly down, and, thus far the resolutions are still in fairly good shape. Yay, me! The year itself? So far, not so much. But last year started off slowly, too. Hell, pretty much every year does.
It may have even been Nu, but y'all know my fact checking (spelling, too) department is pretty much on Permanent Vacation at my beloved the Palms. Hey, guys, tell Jenny I said hello whilst you're there. If'n y'all see her.
Speaking of which, this week's instalment of Party @ the Palms had a feature on Las Vegas weddings. Holy deja vu, Batman. On the plus side, watching Leeann Tweeden grab Jenny McCarthy's ass when they hugged was more than worth the price of admission. Yes, I'm learning to take the bad with the good. Interminably slowly.
Michael Irvin of the Day: Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry was recently arrested and charged with 3 felony counts for pulling a gun on a group of partiers. He also faces pending marijuana charges for an unrelated incident. But here's where it gets cool: he was allegedly wearing his own jersey when arrested. Stylin'. Profilin'. Makin' sure everyone knows who you are. Again, why do you suppose they call it Dope?
It was good to see Yao Ming of the Houston Rockets make his return to the court last night. Especially since I recently traded for him. Also good to see Cleveland Cavaliers forward Anderson Varejao and his Sideshow Bob hair take the court again and resume his rebounding machine ways. Lebron can't do everything, even if it sometimes seems like he has to. Congratulations to Boston Bruins goalie Tim Thomas for shutting out the offensive juggernaut that is the Ottawa Senators last night. Naturally, I didn't dress him, as I was playing the percentages. This is why we go all in, roll the dice, and let the chips fall wherever they will. Fuck playing it safe.
While watching Wild On Tara, or Taradise or whatever it's called; I realized there is an inherent beauty in watching sweaty foreign guys feeding Tara Reid (nice implants, by the way) drink after drink after drink. Her friends are kinda Fly, too. Needless to say I'm hooked. I'll keep watching it until she decides to go and work for NASA or something else worthy of her sheer brilliance. Luminosity, even.
Thanks to dear sweet Sonya for another comment, which warmed the cockles of my empty little heart; along with all sorts of other places. It's good to see that you're giving back to the community and such. I knew you were cool. Mmmm...popsicles.
With visions of fiery car crashes running a marathon through my pretty little head of late it's likely a DAMN good thing I don't drive.
1) Becky Hammon (All Star guard for the New York Liberty of the WNBA. sue me, I like lithe (I really need to use this word more frequently/liberally) and athletic-type womenfolks; especially if they can knock down the three.)
2) Lisa Loeb (who digs hot bookish brunettes with glasses? I Do. if y'all are familiar with her work, you'll get that one. I quite enjoyed her version of Happy Together on the once upon a time Jeremy Piven vehicle, Cupid.)
3) Ona Zee (more old school. she parlayed her adult film career into her own production company. 2 time winner of AVN's Best Actress Award, in 1989 and 1992.)
4) Kine Bakke (5'11'' 34-25-35 Norwegian L'Oreal model. love them pouty lips. winner of the Scandinavian ''Top Model 2005'' reality show. sadly, I missed that one, too. not much for the reality shows, other than sports and gonzo porn flicks, of course.)
5) Sherilynn Fenn (because I'm feeling wistful for Twin Peaks of late. she, too, could raise the Dead and make 'em glad they came back. one word: DAMN!)
Off to eat lunch, watch Popular and then sleepytime before tonight's volleyball outing. We got some snow last night, the big fluffy kind, so I was out rolling around, making snow angels at 3 this morning on my smoke break. Yes, I'm all about the incongruent sometimes. Until manana, picture this big galoot making snow angels, should your day start to suck. I know, I'm such an enabler.